Well, the boss of the MOB that I work for came an seen me this morning. generally all is good and going according to plan. EXCEPT, that the fellow they had slated to replace me in about a month or two has resigned as of last Wednesday, they now find they have no spare bodies with which to back fill my position when they try and shaft me MORE.
That was until he continued on. The site manager who is an employee of the COMPANY we are Contracted to work for has a mate, who happened to work with him on site many moons ago, left the COMPANY at the middle of last year and is immediately available.
HOW AVAILABLE is asked.
Um, the boss of my mob looks around the office then back at me. ” ABOUT TWO WEEKS, thats, one from now, and one to get up to speed on site with you”.
I fliped internally, then went, ” YOU ARE JOKING, how do you find work in that short space of time, can you buy more”.
NO!, thats about as long as we can delay it. I pondered this for a bit then delivered the following.
If i have this right, I either resign inside of the two weeks or you will terminate me, then put this felow in my chair”, I got a yep and a nod.
I decided to bare the fangs a little, up until this point, I have been a model employee and lets face it, I am not one to burn bridges with employers, I thinks unless you REALLLLLLLLY have to its bad for business.
Well, If that fucking prick sticks any more knives in me, they come after me earlier or any more shit comes my way at all, the fucking gloves will come off. I know where all the skeletons are in this place and at ours and I will tip a BIG BUCKET OF SHIT ON BOTH.
Now the boss was a littel shocked, ” Lets not be hasty”. he said.
MATE!, I have been good right up till now, but have had it to here ( hold hand under nose).
The q is, do I rsign and give four weeks notice, or let them make the first move and put something in writing, ( the boss is helping me look, HOW VERY GENEROUS), and then when they move, make MINE!.